About this policy
Privacy Officer contact details:
South Eastern Melbourne Primary Health Network
Phone: 1300 331 981
03 8514 4499
SEMPHN Collection Statement
The consequences of not providing us with personal information: by not providing us with your personal information we might not be able to perform some of our essential functions.
Access and correcting your personal information: you are entitled, upon request, to access your personal information at any time, unless there is an exception which applies under the Privacy Act. The integrity of the information we hold is important to us and we will endeavour to ensure that your personal information is up-to-date and accurate.
The Privacy Officer will make good faith efforts to rectify the issue and respond within a reasonable period after the complaint is made.
Our contact details:
Phone: 1300 331 981
03 8514 4499
Consent for use of photo/image, video, audio recording
- A photo, video or audio recording will be considered personal information under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) if an individual is identifiable from the photo, video or recording.
- Prior to taking a photo, video or recording, SEMPHN will take reasonable steps to notify an individual (where appropriate):
- why the photo, video or recording is being taken
- who the photo, video or recording may be shared with
- how SEMPHN can be contacted.
- In most cases, SEMPHN will seek verbal or written consent prior to any taking of a photo, video or recording and the use (i.e. the publication) of the photo, video or recording.
- Consent can be implied in some circumstances, for example, the taking of photos at events and functions to be used in social media, newsletters and other publications. Individuals will usually be asked to notify SEMPHN at an event or function if they do not wish to have photo, video or recording taken.
- If the photo, video or recording contains sensitive information about a person (for example, information relating to their health), we will obtain the relevant person's express consent to take the photo, video or recording and specify how it may be used.
- Any consent given in relation to the collection and use of photo, video or recording should be:
- express or implied (as the case may be);
- current and specific; and
- given by an individual with capacity to consent.
- SEMPHN recognises that some individuals may not have sufficient capacity to consent, even with additional assistance or support. In such cases, the consent of a guardian, power of attorney or another nominated person may be required.
- Child protection legislation also requires that where the photo, video or recording is that of a child, the child's parent or guardian must give permission.
- Where the person under 18 years is sufficiently mature to consent on their own behalf, that person's consent should also be obtained.
- If this occurs, we will take all reasonable steps to cease using the photo, video or recording from the time we receive notification that an individual does not consent to the particular use.
Events and Education See all
Webinar: Dementia in Diverse Groups - Caring for people with dementia who are culturally and linguistically different to youSee event
South Eastern Melbourne PHN acknowledges the traditional custodians of the land our catchment covers, the Boon Wurrung and Wurundjeri people. We pay respect to them, their culture and their Elders past, present and future, and uphold their relationship to this land.
While the Australian Government Department of Health has contributed to the funding of this website, the information on this website does not necessarily reflect the views of the Australian Government and is not advice that is provided, or information that is endorsed, by the Australian Government. The Australian Government is not responsible in negligence or otherwise for any injury, loss or damage however arising from the use of or reliance on the information provided on this website.